Pat Marlins check maker

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pat Marlins check maker

Post by Daywalker on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 am

Do not mean to dig up an old thread, now that you have had these for about 4 months, can you give us a bit of an update? How are they holding up? How many have you made and shot?

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 am

He still hasn't sent me the 44 but the 35 seems to be doing ok. I haven't had much of an opportunity to make many because I have been working 13hr days for most of the time my reloading casting swaging has been backing up big time. The only complaint I Could have had is the threads weren't machined deep enough I know Pat would have fixed it but I just went ahead and did it myself. I need to buy a shear so I can cut the strips better than what I have been doing. They are a good tool The only thing I would caution anyone about is Pat's life has been in kind of a turnover and he is behind but still committed and making changes to better serve his customer base. In other words if you have a set on order or plan to put a set on order it may be a while.
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 am

Reload3006 wrote: I need to buy a shear so I can cut the strips better than what I have been doing.

Keep your eyes open at flee markets. I watch a video where a guy was using an old style quilatine(sp) paper cutter that seemed to work great.
Sasquatch-1

Back to top Go down

Post by kcatto on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Reload3006 wrote:lol no I haven't sold any to anyone .... not too sure of the legalities even for us citizens .. I know to sell bullets you need a FFL license. But then I had the BATF tell me that that wasn't necessarily so as long as it wasn't considered a business. Gosh it makes your head spin.

everything is in the grey area with the ATF and most all laws are left to the officers discretion and they will not put anything in writting. I know this after watching my adopted dads ammunition business.... One of our senators from our state is working with the GOA to make the ATF more black and white about things, less left to the officers discretion...
kcatto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top