Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 am

Has anyone used dryer lint as case filler as opposed to polyfill?
avatar
Sasquatch-1
Member
Member

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 64
Location : Eastern Panhandle of WV

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Reload3006 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 am

its combustible i don't see what it could hurt.
avatar
Reload3006
Member
Member

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 58
Location : West Plains, Mo. , St. Louis ,Mo.

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Reload3006 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 am

By the way. If you take empty toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls and stuff them full of dryer lint its a fabulous fire starter log.
avatar
Reload3006
Member
Member

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-11-19
Age : 58
Location : West Plains, Mo. , St. Louis ,Mo.

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 am

I light my fireplace with the flip of a switch.Very Happy 

Reload3006 wrote:By the way. If you take empty toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls and stuff them full of dryer lint its a fabulous fire starter log.
avatar
Sasquatch-1
Member
Member

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 64
Location : Eastern Panhandle of WV

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:34 am

Tried the dryer lint loads this week. They did seem to be a little more gutsie since the powder (4.2 grns of Unique, 121 grn wadcutter) was held up against the primer. Other then that the only other side effect was the small back wash of lint coming from the barrel as the round left.
avatar
Sasquatch-1
Member
Member

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 64
Location : Eastern Panhandle of WV

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Nicnac on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Are you weighing your lint additions?
avatar
Nicnac
Member
Member

Posts : 340
Join date : 2010-11-11
Age : 55
Location : The Southern Dakota Territory

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:30 am

No. This was just a one time thing. I had some bullets that were very greasy after lubing and wanted to protect the powder from contamination. May never do this again but enjoyed the slight difference.

Nicnac wrote:Are you weighing your lint additions?
avatar
Sasquatch-1
Member
Member

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 64
Location : Eastern Panhandle of WV

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by tripples on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:33 am

Sasquatch-1 wrote:No.  This was just a one time thing.  I had some bullets that were very greasy after lubing and wanted to protect the powder from contamination.  May never do this again but enjoyed the slight difference.

Nicnac wrote:Are you weighing your lint additions?
If you do decide to use the filler again, no matter what product you use be sure to weigh it out and keep it the same. Also keep in mind that anything you put in the case WILL add pressure and depending how close you are you could be getting into risky territory. I believe that is where Brad was going with this.

tripples
Member
Member

Posts : 228
Join date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sasquatch-1 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:22 am

These were very light .38 loads fired in a .357 Blackhawk. Only used it because of how greasy I made the lube.

tripples wrote:
Sasquatch-1 wrote:No.  This was just a one time thing.  I had some bullets that were very greasy after lubing and wanted to protect the powder from contamination.  May never do this again but enjoyed the slight difference.

Nicnac wrote:Are you weighing your lint additions?
If you do decide to use the filler again, no matter what product you use be sure to weigh it out and keep it the same. Also keep in mind that anything you put in the case WILL add pressure and depending how close you are you could be getting into risky territory. I believe that is where Brad was going with this.
avatar
Sasquatch-1
Member
Member

Posts : 372
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 64
Location : Eastern Panhandle of WV

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Nicnac on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 pm

tripples wrote:
Sasquatch-1 wrote:No.  This was just a one time thing.  I had some bullets that were very greasy after lubing and wanted to protect the powder from contamination.  May never do this again but enjoyed the slight difference.

Nicnac wrote:Are you weighing your lint additions?
If you do decide to use the filler again, no matter what product you use be sure to weigh it out and keep it the same. Also keep in mind that anything you put in the case WILL add pressure and depending how close you are you could be getting into risky territory. I believe that is where Brad was going with this.
Yup, thats it. Finally had time to check back.  
Just wasn't sure what the reason for the fill was.

Hope all is going well Sasquatch, sounds as thou it is.
avatar
Nicnac
Member
Member

Posts : 340
Join date : 2010-11-11
Age : 55
Location : The Southern Dakota Territory

Back to top Go down

Re: Polyfill vs Dryer Lint

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum