Don't never say ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't never say ....

Post by brow_tines on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm

you don't have the room to reload !!!!

The bottom is from a old metal office chair

2 pieces of exhaust pipe (one that will slide down inside the other)

a piece of flat metal and a piece of scrap rebar/round bar for strength

a bolt and nut

If I could have done something different, I would have made the bottom pipe shorter, but it still can be done.
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't never say ....

Post by Daywalker on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

That actually looks like a great reloading table for your press. Ideally, that would be all that a person would need. Besides another table to have your componants on while you are using the press.

Unfortunatly for me, I have definatly ran out of room. I myself started out with a small cabinet with a top on it. I then moved from a small corner space to a bit bigger space with an addition of a bench. Then I had to take book shelfs and build up on the bench. This was in the corner of the wifes wash room.

Then, we went and had to build a good size room for me to reload in. Desk to do all my research and mounted swage press on, the same cabinet which now houses 4 other press's, stand up shelves about 4 rows top with powder, the next to hold all bullets the bottom 2 all the brass I need. I then on oppisite side in medicine cabinet on the wall house all my primers. I then have another bench for casting,, gun cleaning and gunsmithing stuff. I then have a small bench for case prep..

Yep, I am now working on ordering a 16X20 building dedicated to all of my reloading stuff. And to house my Lathe and drill press and grinder. But mainly for my reloading stuff. I have pondered about getting a building a little bigger than that and still might. I am looking at one of that size with an upstairs. 2 floors might come in handy LOL... Top floor to sleep in for when the wife kicks me out?

Believe it or not,, I do envy you that what you have is doing the job. I would like to sell some stuff but I need every thing. Soon, I will be reloading shotgun, guess what? I have no more bench!!! LOL......

You did an excellent job fabricating that stand. It is mobile for sure.

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks Daywalker, I was just letting people out there that was thinking about getting into reloading that it doesn't take much to get started.

Speaking of buildings, I have been looking into carports you can get a 20x20 for around $600-700 and then with your own labor and about $200-300 more you can inclose yourself. But you can always pay them like $2000 to come set it up and inclose it. Just a idea for you to ponder.
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Yes, great post. It does not take much as you say.

I have looked into the carport idea. It is still in the back of my mind, I have not totally let that idea go.

I have a friend that uses the lee hand press only. He keeps all of his stuff in a small wooden crate under his bed. He brings it out, sits in his recliner and goes to town. Needless to say, he does not load very much. I want a hand press just for range load developing...

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Lookn great Brow. On a side note if you are still lookn for 12ga empties let me know we kinda let that fall out.
What I started with I was living on the beach while I was in the navy I got an old wooden box like a foot locker and mounted my press on it with wing nuts I kept all my stuff in that box and it was all conveniently located and i used the box as a loading bench Just set it up on 2 folding chairs. LOL yea I had humble beginnings.
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Reload you must have me confused with someone else, I never was lookin for 12 ga hulls
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 pm

lol Ok who ever it was let me know
any way great set up!!!
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by RichBirdHunter on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I love it!! GET-R-DONE!!!
RichBirdHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by hawcer on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey...that's a great little press stand. it doesn't take up much room either....Excellent job! Smile

Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arty on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Nice. The old KISS adage works! I will make a bet that 10 years from now you will still have this stand...as a keepsake sitting in your 20 x 30 well appointed loading room!!!! It is addicting!
Arty

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Excellent Brow. What one makes up his mind to do, he can find a way. I too started out in a very small area. The back of a 10 x 10 storage shed that didn't have enough room left in it to cuss a cat without getting hair in your mouth! But I squeezed a Lee Challenger press in there on a heavy shelf and got hooked on reloading:)
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by EdgarEg on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 am

My compliments! I like it!
EdgarEg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathfinder on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:03 am

Nice fabrication! Isn't it nice to make something to support the hobby you love.
Pathfinder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAgitator on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:16 pm

nice work! is it bolted down?
BigAgitator

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigAgitator?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by brow_tines on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:10 am

yeah the press is bolted down
brow_tines

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAgitator on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:47 am

That's great.

I like the fact that you can put your feet underneath and also the fact that its height is adjustable study
BigAgitator

http://www.youtube.com/user/BigAgitator?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum