Vintage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vintage

Post by RemMan700 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Since I am waiting to get my Lee Load All I decided to dig through my reloading chest and show you guys my vintage Lee Classic Loader for 12ga. They still make Lee Loaders but no longer make them for shotguns. My friend passed away in a fire so his wife gave me a lot of his reloading stuff. As you can see the lee dipper got a little toasted and is no longer usable but that is not a huge deal. I also have a few of the Lee Crimp Starters. I thought it was funny how it shows the Lee wad guide in the Lee Loader directions as a optional accessory and says, "First time a wad guide is good enough for a 2 year guarantee. It's only possible through the use of the new polycarbonate material. Same as used in the GEMINI SPACE PROGRAM." LOL

RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Re: Vintage

Post by hawcer on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:26 pm

neat piece of reloading history you have there...

Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Daywalker on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Wonder how long it tool to load with those......

Daywalker
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Probably not near as long as it does to use a Lee Loader to do rifle or handgun rounds.
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by XbonesX on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm

lucky bastard (outside of how you aquired it) twoguns

I looked and looked to try & buy one, even bid on some auctions but never won, so i finally resorted to the Load All.

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:34 pm

RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle60 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Dang man, that looks almost identical to the one I have stuck back in the closet Smile I dig (I use that term loosly lol) it out every now and again just on account of anyhow.. I guess I'm saving it for "hard times"???? Wink
eagle60

Back to top Go down

Post by dartfreak75 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 am

wow thats cool wonder how good it works? them lee loaders are pretty cool but would take forever to load a box lol!
dartfreak75

Back to top Go down

Post by wiederladertv on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 am

I need some of the crimp starters to complete my history reloading kit too...nice buddy.
wiederladertv

http://www.wiederlader.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohunter on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:51 am

That is a nice piece of history right there, lucky you.

I don't think I would feel too comfortable beating on the end of a live shotshell to get the crimp formed though. Shocked
Maybe that's why they don't make them anymore?

I can reload a shotshell by hand, but the hardest part about doing so is the crimp and the brass resizing. The brasse cup resizing can be done simple enough with the bushing that comes with the Lee Load Alls and a wooden or rubber mallet. The crimp is a bit more difficult.

I have actually disassembled some shotshells before because I wanted to know their secrects, which wad and powder a particular brand or style was using so I could try and duplicate it..........then put them back together.
Mohunter
Store Front Owner
Store Front Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by RemMan700 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 am

Mohunter wrote:That is a nice piece of history right there, lucky you.

I don't think I would feel too comfortable beating on the end of a live shotshell to get the crimp formed though. Shocked
Maybe that's why they don't make them anymore?

I can reload a shotshell by hand, but the hardest part about doing so is the crimp and the brass resizing. The brasse cup resizing can be done simple enough with the bushing that comes with the Lee Load Alls and a wooden or rubber mallet. The crimp is a bit more difficult.

I have actually disassembled some shotshells before because I wanted to know their secrects, which wad and powder a particular brand or style was using so I could try and duplicate it..........then put them back together.

The instructions say you just use hand pressure to do the crimp.
RemMan700
Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Reload3006 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am

back in about im thinking it was around 74 or 75 a friend i used to duck hunt with got a Lee loader for 12Ga he had a lot of trouble with it. he ended up buying a mec. But I do believe he did load some ok shells with it. it will do the job. It is just very labor intensive. Not sure why Lee discontinued them.
Reload3006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top